- Leveraged Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Loans, Bonds, and Other High-Yield Instruments
- Refinancing Risk and Cash Holdings, with S. Klasa & J. Harford, forthcoming, Journal of Finance.
- Analyst Forecast Characteristics and the Cost of Debt, with S. Mansi and D. Miller, Review of Accounting Studies, 2011, v16n1,116-142.
- Do State Laws Matter for Bondholders? with S. Mansi and J. Wald, Journal of Law and Economics, 2009, v52, 701-726.
- Measuring Abnormal Bond Returns, with H. Bessembinder, K. Kahle and D. Xu, Review of Financial Studies, 2009, v22n10, 4219-4259.
- The Strategic Use of Cash Holdings in Collective Bargaining With Labor Unions, with S. Klasa and H. Ortiz-Molina, Journal of Financial Economics, 2009, v92n3, 421-442.
- Transparency and the Corporate Bond Market, with H. Bessembinder, Journal of Economic Perspectives, 2008, v22n2, 217-234.
- Corporate Governance and a Firm's Cash Holdings with J. Harford and S. Mansi, Journal of Financial Economics, 2008, v87n3, 535-555.
[Lead Article - March Issue]
- A Reexamination of the Tradeoff Between the Future Benefit and Riskiness of R&D, with A. Eberhart and A. Siddique, Journal of Accounting Research, 2008, v46n1, 27-52.
- The Influence of Product Market Dynamics on the Firm's Cash Holdings and Hedging Behavior, with D. Haushalter and S. Klasa, Journal of Financial Economics, 2007, v84n3, 797-825.
- Market Transparency, Liquidity Externalities, and Institutional Trading Costs in Corporate Bonds with H. Bessembinder and K. Venkataraman, Journal of Financial Economics, 2006, v82, 251-288.
[Lead Article - November Issue]
- Does Corporate Governance Matter to Bondholders? with M. Klock and S. Mansi, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2005, v40n4, 693-719.
[Lead Article, May issue]
- An Examination of Long-Term Abnormal Stock Returns and Operating Performance Following R&D Increases, with A. Eberhart and A. Siddique, Journal of Finance, 2004, v59n2, 623-650.
- Does Auditor Quality and Tenure Matter to Investors? Evidence from the Bond Market, with S. Mansi and D. Miller, Journal of Accounting Research, 2004, v42n4, 755-793.
- Do Spin-offs Expropriate Wealth from Bondholders? with R. Rao, Journal of Finance, 2003, v58n5, 2087-2108.
- The Wealth Effects of Repurchases on Bondholders, with C. Stephens, Journal of Finance, 2003, v58n2, 895-919.