If this doesn't need to be password protected, you can simply load it under "Student Resources" on your professor profile page.
You can also continue to use your old course materials folder. -
Management URL (log in) - https://portal4-1.cox.smu.edu:10000
Please note: The management interface for this server is no longer accessable from off campus. You *MUST* activate a VPN connection to Cox in order to be able to use this URL.
Your User Name – (will be assigned to you)
Your Password – (your initial password will be assigned to you)
Please change your password IMMEDIATELY once it is issued. You must also change your password every 6 months or it will expire.
NOTE: This system requires strong passwords.
Strong passwords are passwords that contain at least 1 number and 1 special character. You may set it to what ever you like so long as it is at least 8 characters long. We strongly recommend that you use a "special character" in your password. This includes things like "!, @, #, $" etc. Basically any of things you get when you hit "SHIFT" and one of number keys across the top of your keyboard.
First,download the plug in from http://www.java.com . Once you have installed the plug in you will not need to install it each time you access the web based interface from the same computer. However, if you use a different computer, you may need to install it there as well.
AFTER you have installed the plug in:
- Open a browser window and go to your bookmark. This should be the URL https://portal4-1.cox.smu.edu:10000
- Log in using your user name and password
- Select “Others” from the menu across the top.
- Select “File Manager”
- A coffee cup should appear while the application loads. This may take a moment depending on your internet connection and the other applications that you may have open.
- Click on the “Upload” button once it appears.
- Click on the “Browse” button and browse for the file on your hard drive
- Click on “Upload” and it will add the file to your web directory.
Average (0 Votes)