- “Litigation Risk, Audit Fees and Audit Quality: Evidence from Initial Public Offerings” with Joseph P. Weber (MIT) and Michael Willenborg (University of Connecticut). The Accounting Review 83(5) (2008): 1315-1345
- “The Determinants of Analyst-Firm Pairings” with Lihong Liang (George Washington University) and Edward J. Riedl (Harvard University) Journal of Accounting and Public Policy 27 (2008): 277-294.
- “Causes and Consequences of Goodwill Impairment Losses” with Zining Li (SMU), Pervin Shroff, and Ivy Zhang (both at the University of Minnesota). Review of Accounting Studies (forthcoming)
- “The Conservatism Principle and the Asymmetric Timeliness of Earnings: An Event-based Approach” (co-authored with Prof. Pervin K. Shroff and Suning Zhang).
- “Timeliness of Analysts’ Forecasts: The Informational Role of Follower Analysts” (co-authored with Prof. Pervin K. Shroff and Baohua Xin).
Research in Progress
- “Financial Analyst Responses to Competition in the Information Market” (with Jae Bum Kim, doctoral student, University of Minnesota
- “Characteristics of Individual Members of the Board and Firm Outcomes” (with Swami Kalpathy and Wendy Wilson, both at SMU)