- “Earnings Quality and Information Asymmetry: Evidence from Trading Costs” with Hemang Desai and Kumar Venkataraman (Southern Methodist University). Forthcoming, Contemporary Accounting Research.
- “Direct and Mediated Associations Among Earnings Quality, Information Asymmetry and the Cost of Equity” with Frank Ecker, Per Olsson and Katherine Schipper (Duke University). The Accounting Review, March, 2012.
- “The Relevance of Accounting Information in a Stock Market Bubble: Evidence from Internet IPOs” with Elizabeth Demers (INSEAD) and Philip Joos (Tilburg University). Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, April-May, 2010.
- “Who Trades on Pro Forma Earnings Information?” with Erv Black, Ted Christensen (Brigham Young University) and Rick Mergenthaler (University of Washington). The Accounting Review, May 2007.
- “Systematic Share Price Fluctuations after Bankruptcy Filings and the Investors Who Drive Them” with Linda Bamber and Mark Dawkins (University of Georgia). Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, June 2007.
- “Pro Forma Disclosure and Investor Sophistication: External Validation of Experimental Evidence Using Archival Data” With Erv Black, Ted Christensen (Brigham Young University) and Kris Allee (Indiana University). Accounting Organizations and Society, Vol. 32, 2007.
- “Does the Market Listen to Whispers” With Aamer Sheikh (College of William and Mary) and Ramu Thiagarajan (Pequot Capital Management). Journal of Investing, Spring 2006.
- “Empirical Evidence on Recent Trends in Pro Forma Reporting” with Erv Black, Ted Christensen (Brigham Young University) and Rick Mergenthaler (University of Washington). Accounting Horizons, March 2004.
- “Assessing the Relative In formativeness and Permanence of Pro Forma Earnings and GAAP Operating Earnings” with Erv Black, Ted Christensen (Brigham Young University) and Chad Larson (University of Michigan). Journal of Accounting and Economics, December 2003.
- “Investors’ Trade Size and Trading Responses Around Earnings Announcements: An Empirical Investigation.” The Accounting Review, April 2001.
* Winner of the 2000 American Accounting Association Competitive Manuscript Award.
Working Papers and Research In Progress
- "R&D Reporting Rule and Firm Efficiency" with Yoshie Lord (Nothern Illinois University), Ram Venkataraman and Jeff Yu (Souther Methodist University).
- "How Analysts Incoporate Soft Information in their Earning Forecasts." with Jennifer Francis (Duke University). Elizabeth Demers (INSEAD) and Clara Vega (Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System).
- "Do Recent Revenue Recognition Regulations Improve Market Transparency?" with Ted Christensen (Brigham Young University) and Spencer Pierce (Northwestern University).