- Do short sellers target firms with poor earnings quality?: Evidence from earnings restatements,with Srini Krishnamurthy and Kumar Venkataraman, Review of Accounting Studies, March 2006.
- Reputational penalties for aggressive accounting: Management turnover and earnings restatements, with Chris Hogan and Mike Wilkins, The Accounting Review, January 2006.
- Value-Glamour and Accrual-based Market Anomalies: One Anomaly or Two? with Shiva Rajgopal and Mohan Venkatachalam, The Accounting Review, April 2004.
- Long-run Stock Returns Following Financial Analysis by Abraham Briloff, with Prem C. Jain, Financial Analysts Journal, March/April 2004.
- An Investigation of the Informational Role of Short Interest on the Nasdaq Market, with K. Ramesh, Ramu Thiagarajan and Bala Balachandran, Journal of Finance, October 2002.
- Do All Stars Shine? An Evaluation of Analysts' Recommendations, with Bing Liang and Ajai Singh, Financial Analyst Journal, May/June 2000.
- Firm Performance and Focus: Long-run Stock Market Performance Following Spinoffs, with Prem C. Jain, Journal of Financial Economics, October 1999.
- Long-run Common Stock Returns Following Stock Splits and Reverse Splits, with Prem C. Jain, Journal of Business, July 1997.
- An Analysis of the Recommendations of the "Superstar" Money Managers at the Barron's Annual Roundtable, with Prem C. Jain, Journal of Finance, September 1995.
- On distinguishing between valuation and arbitrage motivated short selling, with Srini Krishnamurthy and Kumar Venkataraman, October 2006.
- Are Mutual Fund short sales informative? with Honghui Chen and Srini Krishnamurthy, November 2006.