- “Effect of Analysts’ Optimism on Estimates of the Expected Rate of Return Implied by Earnings Forecasts”, with Peter D. Easton, forthcoming in Journal of Accounting Research.
- “Scale and the Scale Effect in Market-Based Accounting Research”, with Peter D. Easton. Journal of Business, Finance and Accounting, January 2003, pp. 25-56.
- “Using Market Reaction to Infer Persistence of Earnings Surprises”, with Gia M. Chevis.
- “Fair Value’s Affect on Accounting’s Ability to Predict Future Cash Flows”, with Keji Chen and Gary K. Taylor.
- “Barriers to Entry and the Effect on Future Profitability”, with Victoria Dickinson
- “The Market’s Reaction to Revisions in Analysts’ Longer-Horizon Forecasts”
Other Research Projects
- Examination of effects of fraud on stock prices and on expectations of returns on equity investment and growth, with Peter Easton and Mark Zmijewski.
- Estimating cost of capital for operations from accounting data, with Victoria Dickinson, Peter Easton and Gary Taylor.
- Demonstration of method for estimation of the Equity Premium for the Dow Jones 30, with Peter Easton.
- Investigation of determinants of the market’s assessment of the persistence of unexpected earnings, with Gia Chevis.
- Development of methodology for moving toward an unbiased firm-specific estimate of cost of capital, with Peter Easton and Steve Monahan.