To thrive in today's global marketplace, business leaders must understand the economic, social, political, and cultural forces impacting the way business is conducted in different parts of the world. The Cox School and the Office of Global Programs are committed to giving our graduate students firsthand knowledge of the global marketplace through a number of immersion experiences.
- The Global Leadership Program (GLP) is a year-long experience for all full-time Cox MBA students, culminating in a ten day trip to different regions of the world and a symposium upon their return to campus. In 2013, students traveled to Europe, East Asia, China, and Latin American where they met with executives of companies they researched, discussed political policies with government officials, and visited important historical and cultural sites. The trips included visits to Frankfurt, Bratislava, Xi'an, Tokyo, Shanghai, Sao Paulo, and Buenos Aires. We also offer several international exchange options for our full-time MBAs.
Video from our 2013 GLP trip to China
Video from our 2013 GLP trip to Latin America
Visit our GLP Facebook page to see our pictures and hear what the students have to say:
- In the Cox Professional MBA program, you can choose from seven international trips to Denmark, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Chile, Hong Kong and China, and Peru . These one-week trips combine classroom instruction as well as visits to leading corporations.
- The Cox Executive MBA program gives you the opportunity to gain international business experience through two study trips, which have recently included Vietnam, China, Chile, Cuba, and Mexico City. Together, these international trips represent a graded three credit hour course.
- Recently, in conjunction with the SMU Study Abroad, we launched new programs for Cox undergraduate major and minor students. The SMU-in-China: Business and Culture program gives BBA students the opportunity to experience the global business environment firsthand in one of the most internationalized financial hubs in Asia, Hong Kong. Students study at Chinese University of Hong Kong and visit professionals from top business companies in Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Guangzhou. We have also launched in coordination with WHU School of Management in Koblenz Germany the WHU Summer: Doing Business in Europe. To learn more about these programs, click here!
- New this year is an internship program for undergraduates in Beijing China. The Beijing Internship is a summer internship program where students are placed under the supervision and mentorship of SMU and Cox alumni living and working in Beijing.