Journey and Experience the Global Marketplace
A Cox MBA is truly a global MBA. To thrive in today’s global marketplace, business leaders must understand the economic, social, political, and cultural forces impacting the way business is conducted in different parts of the world. The Global Leadership Program (GLP) gives all full-time Cox MBA students firsthand knowledge of the global marketplace through an unparalleled immersion experience.
Preparing for Your Global Trip
During your first and second semester:
- Select one of our designated geographic regions to study: East Asia, China, Latin America or Europe
- Click to see the presentations from last year's Global Leadership Program trips.
- Study the history, political climate, economy, culture, and business etiquette of various countries in the region utilizing local experts and executives from global corporations who share their experiences and insights about each region.
Traveling to the Region of Your Choice
At the end of the second semester but before summer internships, your group embarks on an intense immersion in your region to:
- Meet with executives of companies you have researched.
- Discuss political policies with government officials.
- Visit important historical and cultural sites.
Sharing Your Experience with Colleagues
At the conclusion of the immersions, you and your peers return to Cox to host the GLP Symposium:
- Five regional student groups give extensive presentations focused on the unique business challenges and opportunities in each of the countries they visited.
- Attended by members of the Dallas business community as well as Cox students, faculty, and staff, the GLP Symposium is open to the public and usually welcomes a wide array of Dallas-based international business executives.
A Transformative Experience Made Possible by Generous Sponsors
Transportation, lodging, and most meals are provided to all students at no cost thanks in part to the generosity of sponsors. The GLP is mandatory for all students and is a critical capstone to the MBA curriculum.