Summer Business Institute - Business Certificate Program for Non-Business Majors
If you’re a university student or a recent graduate seeking to strengthen your business skills, the SMU Cox Summer Business Institute is a powerful, one-month solution. Designed for current college students with non-business majors and professionals within five years of graduation, the Institute brings you insights from the best professors from the Cox School of Business—outstanding teachers who are recognized leaders in their fields. In just four weeks, class discussions, field trips and group presentations will give you a solid background in the business basics you’ll need to launch a successful career.
Why the Cox Summer Business Institute?
- Improve qualifications for career opportunities in business,
especially when competing with other non-business majors.
- Receive a credential from one of the top-ranked business schools in the nation.
- Demonstrate to potential employers that the basics of business
have been mastered.
- Gain the skills necessary for quick initial success on the job.
- Network with other students from top-ranked schools throughout the region and nation
Participant share their thoughts about the program.
Click here to view Michael Sheetz from class of 2012 speak about the SBI program.
Click here to view Tyler Cone from class of 2010 speak about the SBI program.
Click here to view Maura Bellmio from class of 2010 speak about the SBI program.
Academic Director Dr.Hemang Desai, share his thoughts about the program.