Summer Business Institute - Faculty
Summer Business Institute faculty members are among the best teachers in the Cox School's well-ranked MBA and BBA programs. They have been selected for their specific subject area knowledge and their past success in teaching undergraduates. Each has a broad understanding of the business environment and is skilled in providing practical tools in an engaging manner.
• Ellen Allen – Dr. Allen is Lecturer in Information Technologies and Operations Management at SMU's Cox School of Business where she teaches operations management, Visual Basic programming and database management. She has taught operations research and computer science at SMU for more than 20 years. Her interests lie in the areas of optimization, mathematical modeling, and computer simulation.
• Hemang Desai – Dr. Desai is Associate Professor of Accounting at SMU's Cox School of Business where he teaches intermediate accounting to undergraduates and mergers and acquisitions to MBAs. He has won teaching awards in executive education and at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. His primary research interests involve accounting issues related to corporate finance, investment and capital markets.
• Judy Foxman – Ms. Foxman is Lecturer of Marketing at SMU's Cox School of Business where she teaches undergraduate courses in advertising, promotion, and the fundamentals of marketing. During her years at Cox, she has won several teaching awards and was selected to be included in Who's Who Among America's Teachers. Prior to joining SMU, she held brand management position in two large corporations.
• Dennis Grindle – Mr. Grindle is Director of the Career Management Center at SMU's Cox School of Business. He has spent more than 15 years in MBA career counseling, having previously worked at UCLA, University of Texas at Austin, and Duke University. Earlier in his career he was a college recruiter in the financial industry.
• Jerry White – Mr. White is Director of Caruth Institute Entrepreneurship Center at SMU's Cox School of Business where he has taught courses in entrepreneurship for some 30 years. He is chairman of Southwest Venture Forum and founder of Dallas 100 Awards. As a consultant, he specializes in growth-oriented, entrepreneurial businesses.