Master Negotiation: A Gain-Gain Approach to Profitable Negotiation - Program Description
This powerful two-day course will train you to take advantage of the gain-gain approach, today’s most respected method of negotiation. The tools and strategies you learn will prepare you to succeed at any type of principled and profitable negotiation. Whether you face tough challenges with your peers, clients, customers or adversaries, you’ll be prepared, poised and effective. You’ll gain a thorough understanding of the gain-gain approach and the experience you need to become a powerful negotiator. The course’s interactive design provides individualized attention to help you harness your most effective strategies and avoid counterproductive strategies. Carefully crafted negotiation simulations give you a fascinating, hands-on opportunity to test and refine your skills.
Who should attend
This course is designed to enhance the understanding and skills of anyone who wants to become a more effective negotiator. If you’re already respected for your success in negotiation, you’ll refine your skills. If you’re less experienced and less confident, you’ll develop new knowledge and techniques.
- Diagnose your current strategies and refine them or replace them with new, more effective strategies. No matter how skilled you are now, you’ll learn more effective skills for your next negotiation.
- Prepare to be the winner in every negotiation
- Create a plan of action, with clear objectives and a flexible set of strategies, that will help you succeed
- Separate fact from fiction and reality from perception so that you’ll have the insight you need to gain the advantage
- Be soft on people but tough on issues
- Obtain, provide and withhold the crucial information that makes the big difference in any negotiation
- Hear what has not been said
- Determine the objectives of the other parties and the bargaining zone so that you will have the understanding that leads to better results
- Avoid common errors so that you can improve your ability to negotiate rationally
- Get the best results by enhancing the other party’s perception of value and decreasing their perception of cost