- Vandewalle, D. (In Press). A growth and fixed mindset exposition of the value of conceptual clarity. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice.
- Heslin, P. A., & Vandewalle, D. (2011). Performance appraisal procedural justice: The role of manager's implicit person theory. Journal of Management. 37, 1694-1718
- Heslin, P. A., Carson, J. B. and Vandewalle, D., (2009) Practical Applications of Goal Setting Theory to Performance Management. Performance Management: Putting Research into Practice. J. W. Smithers and M. London eds. San Francisco, CA: Jossey Bass
- Heslin, P. A., & VandeWalle, D. (2008). Managers' implicit assumptions about personnel. Current Directions in Psychological Science, 17, 219 - 223.
- Heslin, P.A., Vandewalle, D. & Latham, G. P. (2006) Keen to Help? Managers' Implicit Person Theories and their Subsequent Employee Coaching. Personnel Psychology, 59, 871-902.
- Heslin, P.A., Latham, G.P. & VandeWalle, D. (2005). The effect of the implicit person theory on performance appraisals. Journal of Applied Psychology, 90, 842-856
- Ashford, S. J., Blatt, R., & VandeWalle, D. (2003). "Reflections on the looking glass: A review of research on feedback-seeking behavior in organizations."Journal of Management, 29, 773-799.
- VandeWalle, D. (2001). "Why wanting to look successful doesn't always lead to success." Organizational Dynamics, 30, 162-171.
- VandeWalle, D., Cron, W.L., & Slocum, J. W. (2001). "The role of goal orientation following performace feedback." Journal of Applied Psychology, 86, 629-640