The Caruth Institute for Entrepreneurship was established at SMU in 1970 by W.W. Caruth, Jr. Mr. Caruth created the center to help people:
- Learn by doing;
- Experience the pleasures, thrills, excitement, and satisfaction of building their own businesses, as well as the frustrations of management and the uncertainties of the marketplace;
- Learn that business consists of putting yourself in a position to be lucky; and
- Learn to overcome every obstacle by your wits and intelligence and to accept adversity as merely a learning experience.
The Institute offers education and training for today's entrepreneur who competes in a rapidly changing, fast paced, technology-driven environment. We invite you to join the ranks of dynamic area entrepreneurs who have made the DFW Metroplex one of the best places for business in the USA.
To be added to our email list, please click OPT IN
- Fast Growing Companies From The 2012 Dallas 100 Awards:
May 9, 2013, Dallas Country Club
Click HERE to register. (DEADLINE to register is Tues, May 7 at 12:00p.m.)
- The SMU Entrepreneur Course: Starting A Business
June 4 - July 23, 2013, SMU
Click HERE to register.
- The 2013 Dallas 100 Entrepreneur Awards: The 23rd Annual Celebration
Application Submission Dates: April 1 - July 31, 2013. Click HERE to apply.
Registration is currently closed.
Contact Ann Faison afaison@ cox.smu.edu for more information.