The Caruth Institute for Entrepreneurship was established at SMU in 1970 by W.W. Caruth, Jr. Mr. Caruth created the center to help people:
- Learn by doing;
- Experience the pleasures, thrills, excitement, and satisfaction of building their own businesses, as well as the frustrations of management and the uncertainties of the marketplace;
- Learn that business consists of putting yourself in a position to be lucky; and
- Learn to overcome every obstacle by your wits and intelligence and to accept adversity as merely a learning experience.
The Institute offers education and training for today's entrepreneur who competes in a rapidly changing, fast paced, technology-driven environment. We invite you to join the ranks of dynamic area entrepreneurs who have made the DFW Metroplex one of the best places for business in the USA.
(To be added to our email list, please click OPT IN)
- The SMU Entrepreneur Course: Starting A Business
June 3 - July 22, 2014
Click HERE to register.
- "Dallas’ Fastest Growing Companies: Winners of the DALLAS 100"
Thursday, May 8, 2014
Click HERE to register. (DEADLINE to register: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 at 12:00 p.m.)