Welcome to the Business Library
Our mission is to provide the SMU community with business information regardless of format, support the integration of information and technology into the curriculum and act as a center for research and development for state-of-the-art information technology applications in the business education field.
- The Business Library webpage includes links on the left to frequently accessed items such as business databases, workshop sign-up and Ask a Business Librarian.
- Research Guides are updated annotated lists of Business Library, SMU, and freely available resources on business topics including international business, demographics, and careers.
- Click on the Students link featured on the homepage to find pertinent information such as writing help for papers, policies for the Business Library, and a link to faculty member webpages.
Access to the Business Library
- Access and services are provided to the SMU community: faculty, staff, students and alumni.
- The library makes available book collections, study seating, and access to computers on a generous schedule to accommodate student needs.
- Each student must present a valid SMU ID to the front desk attendant in order to use a computer station, to check out items or to use reserve materials.
- Study rooms are reserved online.
- Please direct requests and questions to a Business Library staff member for speedy service.
Services and resources available
- Ask a Business Librarian service for requesting information or assistance via email or phone.
- Detailed training sessions that provide the tools to conduct successful research on companies, industries, markets, financial information, international business, job searching, and on the use of specific resources including Bloomberg. Follow the Workshops link to read descriptions and sign up for sessions.
- Email alerts with tips on using the databases effectively to perform research and reminders of training opportunities.
- Individual reference appointments with a librarian for assisting students with information / research needs.
- Course Reserve materials including books, reports and other physical items are processed for faculty and kept at the service desk for student access.
- Classroom instruction and topical guides, constructed in cooperation with faculty, are provided to orient students to course-related databases and to guide successful research for specific assignments.
- Tours of the Business Library for groups and individuals.
Last Updated: 2/20/2013